Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Major Panic



















Scott has always had a great sense of humor. I pray he is joking! I have asked several times where are you and here is the answer I received today. I think I will shoot him when he comes home! His reply:




Hello-
So we are in Cambodia...

We have been here for quite some time, and it looks like I will be staying quite a bit longer. You walk down the streetsand people shove propaganda in your hands, lots and lots of military... Tanks, men, guns it's like we walked into a war zone... Can't really take pictures... It's all very very sketchy.. There is a large rebellion going on here trying to overthrow the government that is not televised nationally because of corruption and focus on the middle east. The Khmer Rouge's Central Committee is trying to overthrow the People's Party of the Kingdom of Cambodia.

But the government needs to go.



So we have been staying at this one hostel the whole time and came to be very good friends with a Canadian man who has lived here for 14 years, he came here after he left the Canadian army. Anyway we told him that we were leaving in 2 days and he told us we wouldn't make the border because the revolution is going to happen and they will shut the borders down. He took us to a safe camp that was occupied by the freedom fighters. We have decided that we want to fight. We are excellent marksmen (thanks dad) and they will let us handle long range weapons, and be a safer distance from the action. The General told us he would give us officer's pay because having white Americans in the mix will boost morale, plus a signing bonus that should pay for a large part of our trip, it should all be over in a few days. It gives us an opportunity to make a difference, change Cambodia for the better, and help a great cause. If anything happens I love you all, don't worry I'll be fine.
**************

Lucky for him I know he is joking!
But... I don't think the email was funny!

5 comments:

  1. No wonder you are going gray from your kids! That crazy kid for making his mother panic. Glad to see you have a blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, but that was FUNNY! What a talented writer he is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would panic a bit too. Scott has always had that crazy sense on humor, but this one it not that funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is he joking? Do you know yet for sure? I saw the pictures when he sent them but didn't read it since I got caught up in the funeral rush. Now I've read it and I'm nervous! Have you heard from him since this?

    ReplyDelete