Wednesday, March 25, 2009

IS 99.999% SURE -- ENOUGH? Not for this mom.


Thai troops 'cross into Cambodia'

I was/am 99.999% sure Scott was joking. (see previous posting) However, I still lost sleep last night. That .0009% is to much. So I checked the BBC today and here is what I found. NOW I KNOW I WILL SHOOT HIM WHEN HE COMES HOME!

Thai soldiers have reportedly entered Cambodia near a disputed temple where the two sides briefly exchanged fire last year.

A spokesman for Cambodia's government said that about 100 troops had crossed the border.

A Thai border commander denied there had been any troop movements and said there had been no increase in tension.

Thailand and Cambodia both lay claim to the temple area. Despite several rounds of talks, a settlement remains elusive.

Soldiers from the two countries have been stationed in the area since the clashes in July last year......In Thailand feelings are running even higher; the government elected last December was already floundering under a combined assault by street demonstrators, unfavourable court verdicts and the parliamentary opposition.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I would kill my boys if they sent me an email like the one in the post below. My mom told me all about Scott's trip today and it sounds so cool. What an opportunity! But I'm sure as a mom I'd be worried sick the entire time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's crazy...I hope he's having fun, and I hope he doesn't have you panic anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So has he told you he was kidding yet???

    ReplyDelete